The polio vaccination campaign for kids aged 1 to 4 years (4 years, 11 months, 29 days) has been extended till September 30. This measure was revealed by the Ministry of Health (MS) and is legitimate for the entire of Brazil because of the low vaccination protection of the inhabitants. The extension can be legitimate for a number of vaccinations of kids and adolescents underneath 15 years of age who have to renew their vaccination card.
Since the beginning of the polio vaccination campaign in Gurupi, solely 29% of the goal youngsters have been vaccinated. According to the goal set by the MS, the nation wants 95% vaccination to eradicate the danger of reintroduction of the polio virus and shield youngsters from the results of the illness.
According to Sinvaldo Moraes, Secretary of Health of the municipality, the low adherence to the vaccination schedule of kids is introduced as a critical chance of endangering individuals’s well being and life, sadly, this actuality is discovered in a number of locations. “For a few years, vaccination protection was passable, so there was no danger of transmission of the illness virus. Now we perceive that folks or guardians don’t take youngsters to the well being division for vaccinations, decreasing this care,” Sinvaldo stated.
Polio vaccine and multi-vaccination can be found at 14 Basic Health Units (UBS) and hours of operation differ by location.
“Many individuals underestimate the severity of polio prevention, which is a really critical illness. It can final an individual’s total life. Polio doesn’t kill, but it surely does have critical penalties. If contaminated, with out vaccination, the virus impacts the kid’s nervous system and causes irreversible paralysis, particularly in the legs,” confused Lilamara Oliveira Miranda Tavares, nurse and municipal coordinator of vaccination.
Polio vaccination is geared toward youngsters underneath 5 years of age (4 years, 11 months and 29 days) who needs to be up to date on the vaccination schedule or obtain a booster dose of the illness.
Multivaccination is geared toward youngsters and adolescents underneath 14 years of age (14 years, 11 months and 29 days) who can full the vaccine card doses in a delayed dose.
locations and instances
In addition to UBS Casego, vaccination doses can be found in the vaccination rooms of UBS.
Check vaccination room places and hours of operation:
– UBS Parque das Acácias – from 13:00 to 17:00
– UBS Rosendo – from 7:00 to 12:00
– UBS Sunrise – 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m
– UBS João Manoel – from 13:00 to 17:00
– UBS Buriti – from 7:00 to 12:00 / from 13:00 to 17:00
– UBS Nova Fronteira – from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. / from 1:00 p.m. to five:00 p.m.
– UBS São José – 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. / 1:00 p.m. to five:00 p.m.
– UBS Bela Vista – from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m
– UBS Waldir Lins – from 7:00 to 12:00
– UBS Pedroso – from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. / from 1:00 p.m. to five:00 p.m.
– UBS Vila Íris – from 7:00 to 12:00 / from 13:00 to 17:00
– UBS Vila Nova – from 7:00 to 12:00 / from 13:00 to 17:00
– UBS Seville – from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m
– UBS Campo Bello – from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m