A second case of monkeypox in Divinopolis was confirmed this Thursday (15), lower than three days after the first optimistic report. The affirmation was launched on the disease data platform of the State Health Department (SES-MG).
- Monkey pox: SES-MG confirms first case in Divinopolis
The City Hall reported that the affected person is a 38-year-old man. In a notice, the Executive additionally confirmed the incident on Tuesday (12), saying he was not conscious of it. The affected person is 30 years outdated and each are doing effectively. One of them is a resident of Bom Despacho and is in hospital in the metropolis the place the incident was registered.
This is the fourth confirmed case of the disease in the Midwest Minas Region: the first case is confirmed in Bom Despacho and the second Nova SerranaThe final two in Divinopolis.
- Anvisa approves monkeypox vaccine and medicines
- A second case was confirmed in the Midwest of Minas Gerais
As of this Thursday, 399 confirmed and 933 suspected instances are being investigated in Minas Gerais on the SES-MG platform.
The confirmed case, who had been hospitalized to observe different critical medical situations, died in July. This is a 41-year-old man, a resident of Belo Horizonte and born in Para de Minas.
What is monkey pox?
Monkey pox is a uncommon viral disease that’s unfold via shut contact with an contaminated particular person.
- See a listing of signs and how one can shield your self
Giving could be in the following methods:
- In reference to the virus: dealing with contaminated animals, people or supplies, together with animal enamel and claws, dealing with wild recreation, or utilizing merchandise comprised of contaminated animals. It just isn’t but recognized which animal carries the virus in the wild, however African rodents are suspected of enjoying a task in the transmission of smallpox to people;
- From individual to individual: direct contact with physique fluids similar to blood and pus, respiratory tract or wounds of an contaminated particular person, intimate contact, together with throughout sexual activity and kissing, hugging or touching components of the physique which might be damaged by disease. It just isn’t but recognized whether or not monkeypox could be transmitted via semen or vaginal fluids;
- with contaminated supplies contact with bodily fluids or wounds, similar to clothes or bedding;
- From mom to fetus via the placenta;
- from mom to baby throughout or after supply, via skin-to-skin contact;
- Mouth sores, ulcers or sores They may also be contagious, and the virus could be unfold via saliva.
The vaccine and drugs had been launched
In late August, Anvisa permitted the Jynneos/Imvanex vaccine towards monkeypox (monkey pox) and the drug teclorimat to deal with the disease in Brazil.
An expert prepares a dose of monkeypox vaccine (monkeypox) — Photo: Phil Nijhuis/ANP/AFP
The company analyzed information from the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to grant approvals.
The momentary and particular exemption applies solely to the Ministry of Health and is legitimate for six months except expressly revoked by Anvisa.
The vaccine is already permitted in the United States, Canada and the European Union, based on the World Health Organization (WHO).