A second case of monkeypox in Divinopolis was confirmed this Thursday (15), lower than three days after the primary optimistic report. The affirmation was launched on the illness data platform of the State Health Department (SES-MG).
The City Hall reported that the affected person is a 38-yr-outdated man. In a be aware, the Executive additionally confirmed the incident on Tuesday (12), saying he was not conscious of it. The affected person is 30 years outdated and each are doing nicely. One of them is a resident of Bom Despacho and is in hospital in town the place the incident was registered.
The and A fourth case of the illness has been confirmed in the Midwest area de Minas: the primary case was confirmed in Bom Despacho, the second in Nova Serrana, and the final two in Divinopolis.
As of this Thursday, 399 confirmed and 933 suspected circumstances are being investigated in Minas Gerais on the SES-MG platform.
The confirmed case, who had been hospitalized to observe different critical medical situations, died in July. This is a 41-yr-outdated man, a resident of Belo Horizonte and born in Para de Minas.
What is monkey pox?
Monkey pox is a uncommon viral illness that’s unfold via shut contact with an contaminated individual.
Giving may be in the next methods:
- Contact with the virus: via contact with an contaminated animal, individual, or supplies, together with animal enamel and scratches, dealing with wild recreation, or utilizing merchandise comprised of contaminated animals. It is just not but identified which animal carries the virus in the wild, however African rodents are suspected of taking part in a job in the transmission of smallpox to people;
- Person-to-individual: Direct contact with physique fluids resembling blood and pus, respiratory tract or wounds of an contaminated individual, intimate contact, together with sexual activity, and kissing, hugging or touching physique wounds. a illness. It is just not but identified whether or not monkeypox may be transmitted via semen or vaginal fluids;
- With contaminated supplies resembling clothes or bedding which have come into contact with bodily fluids or wounds;
- From the mom to the fetus via the placenta;
- from mom to little one throughout or after start, via pores and skin-to-pores and skin contact;
- Mouth ulcers, sores or sores can be contagious, that means the virus may be unfold via saliva.
The vaccine and drugs have been launched
In late August, Anvisa accepted the Jynneos/Imvanex vaccine towards monkeypox (monkey pox) and the drug teclorimat to deal with the illness in Brazil.
The company analyzed knowledge from the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to grant approvals.
The momentary and particular exemption applies solely to the Ministry of Health and is legitimate for six months except expressly revoked by Anvisa.
The vaccine is already accepted in the United States, Canada and the European Union, in accordance with the World Health Organization (WHO).